[opencms-dev] New with OpenCMS

Sabir_Muhammad at aac.com Sabir_Muhammad at aac.com
Tue Mar 28 18:58:45 CEST 2006

I am unable to get the search working. I tried to look for help in the
documentation, but no success so far.
Another person from the forum emailed me and said he is having the same
problem and couldn't find any solution.

I have installed OpenCMS 6.0.4 and updated the search index.
However when I go to TemplateOne or any other sample pages and search,
using the top-right search field and button, I do not get any matching
results.

Then I created a new site under default folder using TemplateOne. Again,
search does not retrieve any results even after updating the index.
When I search from "Administration" view, under search index section, I
can retrieve the results, but it does not retrieve any matches from the
published site or sample pages.

What am I missing?

MS

Matthew Fremont <matthew at cyclepaths.com>
Sent by: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
03/28/2006 11:58 AM
Please respond to The OpenCms mailing list

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [opencms-dev] New with OpenCMS

If you installed the documentation modules when you installed OpenCms,
you'll find a "Template Howto" that covers the basics. More information
on the OpenCms JSP taglib can also be found in the documentation tree.

If by "templating" you mean using XML to structure content, then the
basics can be found in the "OpenCms XML content documentation", and
again the taglib documentation. The examples under
/sites/default/xmlcontentdemo are also helpful, but I've found that
there is are a number of details that I just had to learn by trial and
error.

If there is another, more complete source of documentation for 6.x I'd
love to know too!

Matthew

Johannessen, Erik J. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new with openCMS, and I am trying to find documentation on
Templating
> and basic use of OpenCMS.  I installed version 6.0.4 however the only
book
> that I saw for assistance works on version 5.0.1 "Building Websites with
> OpenCMS"
>
> Can anyone help in providing areas that I can get some more recent
> documentation that can help in working through the system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik Johannessen
> Enterprise Web Infrastructure (EWI)

> Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the
United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as
Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete it from your system.