[opencms-dev] how to add XML content type to workplace menu?

Matthew Fremont matthew at cyclepaths.com
Wed Mar 29 18:31:23 CEST 2006

I've read a couple of emails from the archive which suggest that to add
a new XML content type to the workplace structured content menu it is
necessary to add type and explorertype definitions to opencms-modules.xml

I've noticed that opencms-vfs.xml also contains type definitions and
opencms-workplace.xml contains explorertype definitions.

Which is the more appropriate place for these definitions:
opencms-modules.xml or opencms-vfs.xml and opencms-workplace.xml?

Is opencms-modules.xml generated automatically by the system when
modules are imported?

I've also found the same definitions in the manifest.xml file in the
modules which define types. Can anyone point me to some documentation on
how to create manifest.xml or how it is used by the system?

Thanks,

Matthew Fremont