[opencms-dev] Error in documentation

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 30 09:50:36 CEST 2006

Joe Desbonnet schrieb:

> (begin quote)
>
> In the ${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/config/opencms-importexport.xml
> configuration file, into the staticexport/rendersettings node you have
> to remove any occurrence  of the ${CONTEXT_NAME} variable. After
> editing, it has to look similar to:
>
>   <rendersettings>
>       <rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix>
>       <vfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}</vfs-prefix>
>       <userelativelinks>false</userelativelinks>
>       <exporturl>http://127.0.0.1:8080/handle404</exporturl>
>   </rendersettings>
>
> (end quote)
>
> Notice how it says you must *remove* ${CONTEXT_NAME}, but *after*
> editing there is still
> two occurrences of ${CONTEXT_NAME}
>
> How should that read exactly?

Joe, I stumbled upon this about a week ago and was as confused as you
are now. I think it should actually read "...remove any occurrence of
the ${SERVLET_NAME} variable...".

However, the documentation on configuring apache/tomcat seems to be
quite sloppy in general. The approach for a server that serves multiple
sites (/alkacon-documentation/howto-multisite/multisite.html) appears to
be *wrong*, not just a typo but really wrong. At least that's what
Apache says at startup with the configuration from the above source.

I then decided to abandon the "official" approach altogether and use the
Himberger howto instead. The only thing to keep in mind about it is that
it *requires* Tomcat 5.5. 5.0 or earlier won't work as the
"emptySessionPath" attribute on the Connector node is ignored by them.

Robert