[opencms-dev] Flushing the CmsDriverManager's internal cache?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Thu Mar 30 14:13:54 CEST 2006

The flex cache store the output from scriptlet that builds a list from a
collection of pages. The pages typically are published with a future
release date.

Once that release date is reached for a given page, the list of pages
should be updated. To that end the script is cached with an appropriate
timeout so it gets re-run at regular intervals.

But the collector does not return the expected result. It turns out that
the internal caching in the CmsDriverManager is not flushed. And the
methods to do so are private (6.0.4).

So it seems the only option is to fire a clear caches event.

It works but feels a bit like overkill when all I need is to clear the
internal resource cache in the CmsDriverManager (and I could even be
more specific, since I know exactly what folder I need to 'reload').

Is there any other way to achieve the same result?

--
Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46