[opencms-dev] Is it possible to integrate OpenCms with Otherframeworks?

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Mon Apr 3 11:27:16 CEST 2006

Eric,

Yes it is possible, I know about Struts and Hibernate Integration with
OpenCms and in general every Java based or even PHP frameworks could be
integrated.

One could drop the jar files into the lib directory of OpenCms and register
them into e.g. web.xml, do some custom programming and use them from VFS.
(Easy to say, sometimes hard to do :-)).

You can search after the Struts Module for OpenCms and see how they have
done the integration; the same must be possible with Hibernate or webwork
too.

By the way, you can define additional connection pool to external MySQL DB’
s and render dynamic content with OpenCms API.

See:

howto setup additional connection pool to access an external database:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=12

HTH,

Kind Regards,

Arash