[opencms-dev] Demopages do not work with Java-1.4

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Apr 4 09:27:41 CEST 2006

Apparently there is an issue running the Opencms 6.2.0 distribution binaries
on Java 1.4, unfortunatly.

> I'm not sure whether compiling the source with JDK 1.4 helps.
> Otherwise you have to switch to JDK 1.5.
> Best regards,

The source code can be compiled for Java 1.4 without issues! We thought the
Java 5.0 compiler would generate 1.4 compliant code but it seems we did not
use the right parameters.

We will soon update the download binaries with a version compiled with Java
1.4.x.

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior