[opencms-dev] How to send email from a form

twinkle fourrz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 19:10:48 CEST 2006

Christian,

  Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know what changes were made to the opencms.system.xml? Here are the changes I made and this does not work. The alternate SMTP is blank and username and password are also blank.

  <mail>
              <mailfrom>nobody at nowhere.com</mailfrom>
              <mailhost name="111.111.1.11" protocol="smtp" user="username" password="secure"/>
              <mailhost name="alternative.smtp.server"/>
              <mailhost name="another.alternative.smtp.server"/>
  </mail>
  I appreciate your reply. Thanks

  -Twinkle

Christian Steinert <christian_steinert at web.de> wrote:

> > I am new to OpenCms. I need to send email from a form in OpenCms
> > 6.0. I have made necessary changes to opencms-system.xml but not
> > working. I have looked into the mailing archives and did not find
> > much help. Any help is appreciated.
>
> I think this was new in 6.2, but there is a structured content email
> form type that you can use in that.
>
> Otherwise you can do what we're doing, which is to use the Java API
> to send emails, which employs the settings you've seen in opencms-
> system.xml. We had to do things this way as I was pulling the email
> address out of our staff profile structured content.

You can use org.opencms.mail.CmsSimpleMail or org.opencms.mail.CmsMultipartMail for this.

it's documented in the JAVADOCs, e.g. http://www.codedroids.com/javadocs/opencms/build_6_0_3/docs/api/org/opencms/mail/CmsSimpleMail.html
I have not used this yet, however.

christian