[opencms-dev] Status code bug (500 this time)

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 23:01:34 CEST 2006

I disagree. It is at least "moderate" in my books. My automated
monitoring software missed a severe site failure because the site home
page returned a healthy 200 status code instead of a 500.

Status codes are more for computers than humans. An example of what
getting the status codes can mean try googling "OpenCms 404". An
earlier version of OpenCms 6.0.x returned status 200 for 404 pages.
Consequently google indexed a pile of 404 pages in OpenCms sites.

I'll log it in bugzilla and see if I can come up with a quick fix. I'm
not ready to move on to 6.2 for some sites yet.

Joe.