[opencms-dev] Lucene search: Change default operator

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 14:05:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

is there a way to change the default logical operator for search queries
from OR to AND? I know that this is easily done with Lucene
(org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser#setDefaultOperator())
but after reviewing CmsSearch.java and CmsSearchIndex.java I don't think
it is easily possible with OpenCms (see CmsSearchIndex#search(), where
the query that is finally passed on to Lucene is constructed).

I can hardly believe that I am the first one who wants to do this, as
the usage of "OR" as default is different from how google and other
search engines parse queries, which is what people are used to.

Bye,
Robert