[opencms-dev] Re: cmsshell.sh rocks my world.

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Thu Apr 6 13:10:38 CEST 2006

"Joe Desbonnet" <jdesbonnet at gmail.com> writes:

> Oh, this is new to me... what is cmsshell.sh? It is not in the
> documentation.

Just to make it clearer, as it took me a few minutes to get going...

If you save a text file with these contents as say /path/to/
script.txt...

login "Admin" "youradminpassword"
setCurrentProject "Offline"
createResource "/sites/mysite/path/to/staff/profiles/lukekillen" 67
writeProperty "/sites/mysite/path/tostaff/profiles/lukekillen"
"Title" "Luke Killen"
chacc "/sites/mysite/path/to/staff/profiles/lukekillen" "USER"
"lukekillen" "+r+w+v+c+d"
quit

then you can run this as:

./cmsshell.sh -script=/path/to/script.txt

so it's really simple to write other scripts that generate the
appropriate scripts for cmsshell scripts.

The one thing that is really missing is the ability to use
CmsXmlContentFactory etc.... that would make this complete.