[opencms-dev] Compiling the OpenCms core

jtelfer teljj001.27878420 at bloglines.com
Mon Apr 10 05:23:52 CEST 2006

I downloaded the latest source distribution (6.2.0) a couple of days ago, and
tried to build it on Windows using the command line, and received the same
errors as those experienced by other posters to this thread (digester not
found).

--- Thomas März <thomas.maerz at gmail.com> wrote:
Florian Hopf <hopf at synyx.de> writes:
>> In fact it's ant itself that needs this lib in its ext directory. Go to
>> src-components and read ant-opencms-config.txt to see which jars have to
>> be copied there (IMO the file is really misplaced there)
>
> | $ ant --help | grep lib
> |   -lib <path>            specifies a path to search for jars and classes
> |   -nouserlib             Run ant without using the jar files from
> |                          ${user.home}/.ant/lib
>
> This does work without any proplems:
>
> | ant -lib webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ bindist

While this does work, a small change to modules\build-simple should enable
this to work without any special Eclipse setup or command-line hackery
(please excuse the lack of a diff, I haven't checked out the CVS tree).

Change the taskdefs near the top of the file to:

<path id="taskpath">
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/ant-contrib-1.0b1.jar"/>
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/ant-opencms-1.1.jar"/>
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar"/>
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/commons-digester-1.7.jar"/>
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/commons-collections-3.1.jar"/>
	<pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs}/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar"/>
</path>

<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml" loaderref="contrib">
	<classpath refid="taskpath"/>
</taskdef>

<taskdef resource="org/opencms/util/ant/taskdefs.properties"
loaderref="opencms">
	<classpath refid="taskpath"/>
</taskdef>

Ant's capabilityto include a classpath in taskdef directives has been around
for a while now, so it should be reasonable to expect that this will work.
There may be a better place to put this though to avoid redefining the task
over and over, I'm new to OpenCMS though.

HTH,
James Telfer