[opencms-dev] First Time Installation Question

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Apr 10 17:01:51 CEST 2006

I am installing the latest opencms for the first time and I cannot get past
the step_8 in the setup process.

I get to the screen that says "Importing
modules" (opencms/setup/step_8_import_modules.jsp) and it just keeps going. I
had all the items checked on the module import screen. I have been waiting
for over an hour and the clock just keeps ticking, but nothing is displayed
on the page (no progress indicator, just the red clock).

Is this normal or did it hang for some reason? The server is running Linux
kernel 2.6 and is connected to the 'net with a fast cable modem. I have the
latest tomcat (v 5.5) and jdk (1.5.0_03) installed.

Thanks - i guess I will go get my third cup of coffee.....;-)

--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc
mark at phillipsmarketing.biz