[opencms-dev] can't start opencms after mysql password change

mwpowell at adelphia.net mwpowell at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 11 06:11:22 CEST 2006

All,

After changing the root password to my mysql database, I can no longer connect
to opencms. The logs show that the mysql connection is being denied by the mysql
database when tomcat starts up, but I do not know where to change the password
for the opencms connection. Essentially, tomcat is failing to startup because of
the opencms database connection error.

My setup uses a database connection for other tomcat applications which are
specified in the server.xml and web.xml files for tomcat, but I don't know where
the opencms specific configuration is located.

Does anyone know the location of the database connection configuration for
opencms? I'm using:

Tomcat 4.1.31
MySQL 4.1
OpenCMS 6.0.2