[opencms-dev] Add Templates to opencms

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:55:58 CEST 2006

Yip -- although for dynamic content you may be better off writing it as a JSP.

My advise to any newcomer to OpenCms:  If you plan on deploying
OpenCms for a project:

1. You must have a basic understanding of Java
2. You must have a basic understanding of Apache configuration,
Database configuration, Tomcat (or equiv) and how they interwork
3. You must invest *A LOT* of time to get useful results. At least a month.

If you are very, very lucky you might get away with "TemplateOne" (the
sample template shipped with OpenCms). But most people will need to
write a template from scratch.
And that has a learning curve associated with it.

I think the same applies (more or less) to all Content Management Systems.

Joe.