[opencms-dev] from Folder to NavInfo

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Apr 11 20:00:55 CEST 2006

I always have the problem of switching between the idea of a CmsObject
to a CmsJspNavElement or a folder or file. Consider the following piece
of code:

 cmso is a CmsObject passed to the function that builds a menu tree.

     ArrayList folders = (ArrayList) cmso.getSubFolders(path);
     Iterator j = folders.iterator();
     while (j.hasNext()) {
        CmsFolder f = (CmsFolder)j.next();
     }

When I get the array of folders these may or may not have navigation set.
How can "ask" each element (j.next()) whether it has a NavText for example?