[opencms-dev] Manifest Manual

Holger Schick HolgerSchick at web.de
Sat Apr 15 18:07:59 CEST 2006

Hello,
well i did my first template. overall i took me hours - but only to find errors like editing the following attributes wrong.
I used a wrong order= and id= attribute value. I couldn't find a documentation where i can find id- and order numbers which i can use.

<newresource page="structurecontent" uri="newresource_xmlcontent.jsp?newresourcetype=seminar" order="777"/>
<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent" name="seminar" id="79">

Another Error was because of all the copy and paste a pasted a already used uuid. The Exception was not while importing an invalid id or something. I retreived a marshalling exception because the module used the wrong xsd. I found the reason in the import module protocol. There was a file name which i didn't wanted to import.

What are your experiences with open cms? Are this typical newbies errors or do you have also such errors even if you are working already with open cms?
Or is the only reason that i couldn't find a good documentation and somewhere is one?
Is there anywhere more documentation available for the manifest.xml or really good community web sites?
Is there also a build tool for the manifest available something like a ant script?

thanks

Holger