[opencms-dev] Site group security setup

Nick DeSteffen Nick.DeSteffen at wausaubenefits.com
Mon Apr 17 16:40:07 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting up security in OpenCms.

Under my OpenCms install I created 3 sites, I then created 3 editor groups
(one for each site).  I want a user that is in each group to be able to
edit the corresponding site.  Some users may be in multiple sites.

Person Joe can edit sites A, B, and C.
Person Mary can only edit site A.

I have found that the parent group of each of the 3 groups I created must
be either Users, or Project Managers and these groups can see all 3 sites
by default and I cannot change this.  I have found that the only way to
hide the sites is to explicitly deny access to them.  So if I make it so
that group A cannot see sites B & C Mary can only see site A, and this is
what I want, however since person Joe is also in group A he cannot see
sites B & C.

Can anybody help me out here?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Nick

Nick DeSteffen
Fiserv Health - Wausau Benefits
Web Development Group
nick.desteffen at wausaubenefits.com
(715) 841-6036

This communication is intended only for the recipient(s) named above; may be confidential and/or legally privileged; and, must be treated as such in accordance with state and federal laws. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this communication, or any of its contents, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to Nick DeSteffen and delete the message from your computer system.