[opencms-dev] Re: OpenCms 6.2 Installation on WebSphere 6.0

Georg Raffer georg.nc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 14:03:52 CEST 2006

Hallo Arash,

We are currently using opencms 6.2 with Websphere 6.0.0.1

It is true that the current opencms.war file is not (IBM) java 1.4
compatible. There are several issues:

* the IBM JRE cannot read resources (e.g. xsd) from the compressed jar
files compiled with java 5 (don't ask me why);  changing the build.xml
(<jar compress="false") helps.
* But even if the ant javac tasks use the attributes source="1.4" and
target="1.4" the compiled code is not 100% 1.4 compatible; There is
still a problem with the photoalbum module; compiled code uses the
method: StringBuffer.append(CharSequence s). this definitly method
belongs to Java 5;

Build the opencms.war file with ant using a Java 1.4 compiler; checking
out sources & building with ant is described in:
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/development/core.html

Today I have installed opencms.war (build with ant & java 1.4.2)
successfully on Websphere 6.0
But we have still problems with the advanced properties dialog (redirect
/ forward ...); If you have a solution for that please let me know.

bye, Georg