[opencms-dev] How to restore a deleted object

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 00:34:08 CEST 2006

I observed what might be considered a bug a while ago which might help you:

There is a file history kept each time a file is published (see
History in file context menu).

I noticed that deleting a file does not delete the history. So if you
delete a file, then recreate a file by the same name, you have access
to the deleted file's history.

So try creating a file by the same name as the delete file and then
view history. Hopefully you can then revert to a pevious version of
your deleted file.

Joe.