AW: Re: [opencms-dev] Re: OpenCms 6.2 Installation on WebSphere 6.0

arash.kaffamanesh at cmsforeveryone.com arash.kaffamanesh at cmsforeveryone.com
Tue Apr 25 12:09:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've allready found the solution for advanced property in a HowTO written by Thomas Matal, but there are still a lot of problems even with opencms 6.0.4 for editing and saving pages.

Does Your Installation on WebSphere working 100%ly as with one on Tomcat?

Thanks,
Arash

Hi,

>@ advanced property problem on Websphere 6:
>some cache settings have to be done in OpenCms: set cache property to
>"bypass" for the following pages:
>system/workplace/commons/property*.jsp, /editors/editor_main.jsp
>
>this helps.
>
>bye, Georg
>
>Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:
>> Hallo Georg,
>>
>> Thasn you for the hints, I'd set already compress="flase" like this in the
>> build.xml file:
>>
>> <jar
>> jarfile="${opencms.output.jars}/opencms.jar"
>> basedir="${opencms.output.classes}"
>> includes="org/opencms/**"
>> compress="false" >
>> <metainf dir="${opencms.input.warfiles}/WEB-INF" includes="opencms.tld"/>
>> </jar>
>>
>> JAVA_HOME was set to (IBM or SUN) JDK 1.4 and I've rebuilded the whole dist
>> with:
>>
>> ant -lib webapp/WEB-INF/lib/ bindist
>>
>> But it didn't help!
>>
>> How did you build the opencms 6.2.0 src?
>>
>> Could you please advice?
>>
>> Beside these 6.2 specific issues, the installation with 6.0.4 which was
>> successful has some other serious problems, like the advanced property
>> dialog, which prevents me to set certain properties like export to true for
>> static export, so I can't use the static export feature with WebSphere.
>What
>> I did was to set the properties on the root folders of the sites in tomcat
>> and reimport the sites into webshpere, so that I could run the static
>export
>> but it hang in the middle of staticexport process.
>>
>> I think we should use the Xcerces and Jakarta-oro packages delivered with
>> the opencms dist instead of those delivered with IBM WebSphere.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Arash

>>> 26: Shutting down OpenCms, version 6.2.0 in web application "opencms.war"
>>> 25: 24: 23: at
>>>

>org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportT
>> hread.java:209)
>>
>>> 22: at
>>>

>org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.kill(CmsSetupWorkplaceImport
>> Thread.java:118)
>>
>>> 21: at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:602)
>>> 20: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 19: at
>>>

>org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportT
>> hread.java:194)
>>
>>> 18: at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:687)
>>> 17: at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:818)
>>> 16: at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.printPrompt(CmsShell.java:654)
>>> 15: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> 14: at
>>>

>org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportT
>> hread.java:155)
>>
>>> 13: at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:495)
>>> 12: at
>>> org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.upgradeRunlevel(OpenCmsCore.java:1503)
>>> 11: at
>>> org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.initConfiguration(OpenCmsCore.java:843)
>>> 10: at
>>>

>org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationManager.<init>(CmsConfigurationMan
>> ager.java:153)
>>
>>> 9: at
>>>

>org.opencms.configuration.CmsConfigurationManager.cacheDtdSystemId(CmsConfig
>> urationManager.java:444)
>>
>>> 8: at org.opencms.util.CmsFileUtil.readFile(CmsFileUtil.java:532)
>>> 7: at org.opencms.util.CmsFileUtil.readFile(CmsFileUtil.java:519)
>>> 6: at org.opencms.util.CmsFileUtil.readFully(CmsFileUtil.java:559)
>>> 5: at
>>> java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java(Compiled
>>> Code))
>>> 4: 3: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException