[opencms-dev] Complex configuration, ideas needed

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Wed May 3 09:45:00 CEST 2006

Sami Honkonen schrieb:

> I don't think it can help me since OpenCMS still can't distinguish
> http://localhost/en/ and http://localhost/se/ from each other since the
> domain name is the same.

Right, and that's exactly why using sites to separate different
localized versions of your website is the wrong approach. Why don't you
just use folders within the same site?

For a cleaner separation, it should be possible to put the finnish
version in a folder /fi/, too, and then use the rewrite engine to hide
this from users (by "users" I mean visitors of the website, not the CMS
users).

If you insist on using sites, you will have to use different URLs, e.g.
"se.yourdomain.tld" and so on for the different languages.

Robert