[opencms-dev] OpenCms version 6.2.1 has been released

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Thu May 4 12:00:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

thanks very much for the 6.2.x release. I haven't had the time to catch
up with the new releases recently but i've just started to play around
with the 6.2.X version and it looks great. Thanks very much for this
release!

Is there any information ready how the development of OpenCms will go on
in the future. According to the roadmap (i have included it below,
because the mailing list search seems down) 7.0.0 would be the next
release. Is this still up to date?

Regarding JSR 170: The Apache Jackrabbit ( http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
) project has released it's 1.0 milestone, maybe this is useful to take
a look at it.

Regarding Webdav: Maybe http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/wck.html the
WebDav constrcution kit from jakarta slide can help. I had a quick
glance at the sourcecode and it seems very easy to create an OpenCms
WebdavStore with this toolkit. Maybe i will continue to look at this if
more time is available but atm i'm extremly busy. A caveat of this is
that it is reported only to work with tomcat 5.0 but maybe this is just
a minor issue.

I hope this helps a bit.

have a nice day.

best regards