[opencms-dev] Dynamic ComboBox Question (URGENT)

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu May 4 17:59:51 CEST 2006

Yes, this is possible.

I assume you want to have this "dynamic combobox" in an XML content.

To do this, you need to extend the class
"org.opencms.widgets.CmsComboWidget". In the extended class, you need to
replace the logic that creates the select entries with something else. See
"org.opencms.widgets.A_CmsSelectWidget#addSelectOption(CmsSelectWidgetOption
)" for a method you potentially need to overload. You will have to register
your custom widget class in the appinfo node of your XML content or the
global configuration file "opencms-vfs.xml".

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior