[opencms-dev] webuser authentication

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri May 5 13:30:39 CEST 2006

You probably want to remove the read/view privileges rather than denying
them (which it seems you're doing).
To do so make sure that they are unchecked in the allowed column and
then mark "overwrite inherited".

Denying a privilege is a much stringer statement than removing a
privilege - you cannot "allow" a privilege once it has been explicitly
denied.

/Claus

Uhlig, Roman Knuepfer Verlag wrote:
> Hi,
> could somebody please point me in the right direction regarding the
> file/folder permissions for web users?
>
> I'd like to restrict access to a folder for web users (of a certain
> custom group) only. So I set the folder permissions of the subfolders
> (else the folder isn't shown at all inside the webpage and can't be
> accessed) to:
>
> Guests: read and view denied
> members of "custom webuser group": read and view allowed
>
> The result is, that web users can't login at all. Even if I only deny
> access to the guests group and allow it for all other user types, web
> users can't login (workplace users can). Can anybody please point me in
> the right direction how web user authentication is supposed to work? I'm
> quite helpless by now.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Roman

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS