[opencms-dev] Install Error Message

Dennis Carnine dcarnine at mindspring.com
Fri May 5 16:37:32 CEST 2006

Hello folks,

Mr. Newbie here.

Installation question for Windows 2000 SP4. I have followed the OpenCms install html and after
accepting the license information and clicking "Continue" I get the following error message:

    /The Alkacon OpenCms setup wizard has not been started correctly!/
    /Please click here to restart the wizard./

I restart and get the same error message. The mail archives had one reference to it as follows which was not the cause of my problem:

    /At the end of the installation, the wizard tries to lock himself,/
    /writing this in the file /WEB-INF/conf/opencms.properties /
    /I'm not sure, but maybe this time the access rights play a role.

    /

Any help would be appreciated./
/

Dennis Carnine       mailto:dcarnine at mindspring.com
156 Lakeview Ave.    Phone: +1 203 281 6381
Hamden, CT 06514     Fax:   +1 203 281 4199
USA