[opencms-dev] [Urgent] Opencms 6.2.1:: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:59:59 CEST 2006

I think this was reported before as an ongoing bug in OpenCms. As far
as I know the only reliable way of backing up OpenCms is doing a
database dump.... which doesn't help when upgrading.

I think there was some discussion on this a long time ago if you want
to try searching the email list.

If you still have access to the old installation you could try saving
the project in several batches (eg one export for each top level
directory).

Or try  unzipping the project ZIP and removing the large files and
upload them manually (you may need need to edit the manifest.xml file
to remove the corresponding file entry).

Or try temporarly increasing the heap space to something huge eg
-Xmx1000M if you have enough memory + paging disk space.

Joe.