[opencms-dev] Mysterious parsing error when saving documents

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon May 8 10:57:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have imported some xmlpages into opencms by using the synchronization feature. That worked quite well and the pages are displayed properly.

But when I edit some of the pages in opencms, then upon saving I get the following error:

"Error Unmarshalling xml document failed.
Reason: Error on line 79 of document : An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in the CDATA section. Nested exception: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was found in the CDATA section."

I have looked into the page source, both with a text editor as well as with a hex editor. There is no character with hexcode 00 and also no sequence like �
When I check the Page with XML spy, then it is reported to be well-formed.

Does anybody have a clue about this? Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Christian

             Element EnglishGerman  * body    Elements Properties Cleanup HTML code   Preview