[opencms-dev] edit xml content in administration view (OpenCms 6)

Nacho Fernandez snatcho at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi all!

I would be very grateful if someone could help me to open the xml editor
from a link in the administration view to correctly edit a xml content. But
now I have managed to open the editor with the correct data, but any button
pushing leads nowhere (be it close, save or save and exit). What I've done
so far is building an administration page and add a link that executes the
following code:

params.put( CmsEditor.PARAM_RESOURCE, resource_name );
String editor = new CmsEditorHandler().getEditorUri( resource_name, getJsp()
);
getToolManager().jspForwardPage(this, editor, params);

The variable "resource_name" contains the url to the resource to edit, and
it's working because the content gets correctly loaded.

I've tried several combinations of parameters added (PARAM_BACKLINK,
PARAM_ACTION and the like) but none gets the desired result. Most likely I'm
getting the wrong approach. Can someone please help me? (to me this solution
is basic for building admin subsections for content listing/editing and
probably of good use to others as well). Thanks in advance.

snatcho.