[opencms-dev] uploading large amounts of iles

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 8 15:18:58 CEST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 01:11:53PM +0200, DI Gunther Schmidl wrote:
> Christoph wrote:
>
> >I'm importing a site into opencms and I did an upload of an untar'ed
> >directory tree (which unfortunately consist of 1800 files) The Java
> >upload applet is now hanging around for 10 minutes with an seemingly idle
> >alert box saying "counting resources". Maybe it actually takes so
> >long to count to 1800 in java but I'm about to cancel the upload and
> >consider another approach of getting the files into OpenCms.
>
> I usually turn that Java applet off first thing, I've had nothing but
> problems with it.
>
> Can you zip the 1800 files and upload them as a zip file that gets
> automatically unpacked?

Zipping them would probably not be a problem (BTW, does jar do the zipping
job or would it require a "real" zil under Unix (Linux)?)

But how do I import it? Using the database import? I imported previously
exported .zip files but never imported a sheer .zip file without a
manifest.xml file.

Or what do you mean by "upload them as a zip file that gets automatically
unpacked?"

Ah, you mean, using the upload applet anyway but upload the .zip.
Never did that.