[opencms-dev] Contentload problem?

DI Gunther Schmidl schmidl at webdynamite.com
Wed May 10 10:28:49 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I think there's a problem with the contentload collector. Consider the
following code:

	<% int jobCount = 0; %>

	<cms:contentload collector="allInFolderDateReleasedDesc"
		param="/jobs/job_${number}.html|123" editable="true">

		<% jobCount++; %>

	</cms:contentload>

	<%= jobCount %>

This will result in '1' being printed even if there is not a single file of
type 123 in the directory (or indeed any file at all) -- the contentload
runs erroneously. This means, in turn, that adding a contentcheck inside the
contentload will result in a NullPointerException when there is no file, or
no matching file, in the folder:

	<cms:contentload collector="allInFolderDateReleasedDesc"
		param="/jobs/job_${number}.html|123" editable="true">

		<cms:contentcheck ifexists="WorkHours">
			Hi
		</cms:contentcheck>

	</cms:contentload>

I don't remember this problem from 6.0.x, so I'm wondering whether this is a
newly-introduced bug, or different functionality -- in any case, it prevents
my application from working correctly.

Any help with this issue is highly welcome.

Thanks,

-- Gunther