[opencms-dev] Macromedia swf in Image Galleries

Pavel Peringer pavel.peringer at qbizm.cz
Thu May 11 13:32:56 CEST 2006

> Hi list,
>
> I’m in the need of authoring .swf videos. I see that I if I upload a
> file in an Image gallery, It isn’t shown between the other images,
> even if I change the file type.
> Can you tell me some hints?
> Ciao
>
> Gianluca

Hello

I think that OpenCms internally do not know *.swf resource type.
In [path to your webapp]/WEB-INF/config/opencms-vfs.xml add
<mapping suffix=".swf" />
into the element
<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeBinary" name="binary"
id="2">
or
<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeImage" name="image"
id="3">

And restart :-)

When you upload new swf file, OpencCms will know the resource type now.
But I do not know how would act the Image Gallery when you set the type
to image type.
I mean generating IMG element for swf file when correct element is
APPLET or OBJECT.

We use binary type and having no problem with swf.

Hope this help

Pavel Peringer

--
Pavel Peringer                              Qbizm technologies, a.s.
programator                                 ... the art of software.