[opencms-dev] Re: OSWorkflow with OpenCms 6.2

Shi Yusen shiys at langhua.cn
Fri May 12 19:37:18 CEST 2006

Hi Arash,

Sorry for my late reply.

Why jbpm?
My client asked us to complete a website in OpenCMS and support workflow.
The client evaluated 4 major open source workflow engines including jbpm,
shark, activbpel and osworkflow, and built a score board (in a method
similar to Mckinsey does). Finally, jbpm is chosed.

> which advantages has jBPM over OSWorkflow?
jBPM's better sides:
1. Swinlane concept.
2. BPEL Standard posibility.
3. Graphic designer.
4. Workflow definition version.

OSWorkflow's better sides:
1. Securtity.
2. Flexibility.

> Has your jBPM implementation something to do with jBoss jBPM ???
Nothing changes in jBPM. The integration is implemented by Action, Comment
and Variable in processdefinition. My implementation only supports swinlane
expression.

Kind regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.