[opencms-dev] opencms and web application

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat May 13 22:31:44 CEST 2006

CIMINI LIVIA schrieb:

> We need to access the contents managed by opencms 6.2, from an
> external web application deployed on the same web server (tomcat)
>
> but this application can ' t be internal to opencms (as suggested
> somewhere).
>
> So, these are my questions:
>
> - Is it possible to run opencms API outside opencms context?
>
> - if not, the only solution is to query opencms database directly, isn
> ' it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Livia

Take a look at the classes of the Opencms shell.
The cms shell offers a commandline interface to opencms by opening a
separate set of database connections, independent from the opencms
servlet. The commandline again seems to just translate any command into
java method calls.

I do not know the code, but i would expect that it should be possible to
use the cmsshell-code as a basis for accessing the opencms api directly
from outside.

hope that helps.
Christian