[opencms-dev] Sort search results weighting popularity and age

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:46:56 CEST 2006

On 5/17/06, Jonathan Woods <jonathan.woods at scintillance.com> wrote:
> Nice idea.  I've not done it, but I believe the search engine part would
> best be done by writing your own collector implementation - i.e. a class
> which implements I_CmsResourceCollector and is referred to underneath the
> node /opencms/vfs/resources/collectors in opencms-vfs.xml.

mmmh... Are you sure that I_CmsResourceCollector is used by the search engine?
AFAIK, it is used just to get the complete list of XML resources in a folder.

Instead, I would like to do a free text search in the whole site,
using the lucene index, and then take into account the date/popularity
of file when sorting the results.

I'd like to work on this feature and then release it for inclusion in
OpenCms, but I need some guidance on where I should put the effort.

Is there a separate mailing list for OpenCms developers, where a
discussion on this subject could take place? (here it's mostly user
related questions).

regards,
Alessandro Magnolo