[opencms-dev] FCKedit: Null characters also 6.2.1

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat May 20 23:27:22 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I still have lots of trouble with NULL - characters popping up in
FCKedit, when trying to save various documents.
The problem persists in 6.2.1.

I have sniffed the network traffic. The traffic that comes from the
browser is still fine, but the traffic that comes back after saving has
failed contains null-bytes.
So it seems that the server side is introducing the problem.

Does anyone have a good idea where I could take look in the opencms code
to figure out what could be going wrong?
I have looked a bit into the  package and also into
org.opencms.util.CmsHtmlConverter - esp. the convertToString(...)
method; so far I found nothing that seems really suspicious.

Is there any other place, where complex replacements are done with the
html code?

Does anyone have an idea, where these nasty zero-bytes might creep in?
Even the remotest and stranges ideas are appreciated, as I'm really
really stuck with this.

Thanks in advance
Christian