[opencms-dev] File size limit in upload via applet?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon May 22 23:16:55 CEST 2006

Ivan Codarin schrieb:
> Dears,
> I tried the upload without the applet. The upload process was ok but
> now, when I publish the file, I get the "Heap Space-OutOfMemory
> Message"....
>
> But, I'm using:
>
> CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx2048M -Xms1024M"
>

> !!!!
>
> Is this normal?
>
> Ivan
>
> Ivan Codarin wrote:
>> Dears,
>> I'm using Ocms 6.2.1 on postgresql.
>> Now I'm trying to upload (via applet) a 32MB ".avi" file...
>>
>> The upload process does never finish and I don't see any progress
>> (the applet its progressbar seem  blocked... )...
>>
>> Is there a limit on the upload size on the applet?
>> With smaller files all things are running well.
>>
>> My heap space and memory limit are :  max 2048MB  and size 1024MB...
>> I suppose that this isn't the problem...
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> thanks
>>
>> Ivan
Hi Ivan,

could it be, that there is a memory problem on the CLIENT, that means
with the java applet?
Have you taken a look into the java console, when the applet is running?

That's my only idea. AFAIK, Java normally has max. heap of 64mb, but I
don't know, how it is when Java is run by a browser to execute applets.

hth
Christian