[opencms-dev] RE: Help for searching in opencms

Jason Trump jason.trump at brulant.com
Tue May 23 15:47:09 CEST 2006

I would guess that your problem is not with your JSP code, but with your search index definition, which is in opencms-search.xml.  A few questions:

What version of OpenCms are you using?

What is the path of the HTML document in your repository (for example, /sites/default/foo.html)?

Are you building a multi-language site?

What is the locale setting for the documents you are trying to search?

Have you made any modifications to the opencms-search.xml file, or are you still dealing with a clean install?

I have CC'd the mailing list, as there might be others there who can help with this.  I recommend that you post the answers to these questions, along with a copy of your opencms-search.xml file, to the mailing list.

You need to make sure that:

1.  there is a "<documenttype>" element for the HTML type defined in the "<documenttypes>" element.  There should also be "xmlpage" and "xmlcontent" document types (which are also HTML documents that are stored in XML format).
3.  there is an "<indexsource>" element that contains the folder where your HTML documents are stored under "<resources>", as well as "xmlcontent", "xmlpage", and "html" entries in the "<documenttypes-indexed>" element.

And probably some other stuff that I forgot :)

-jt