[opencms-dev] Template One Example for News page

twinkle fourrz at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 22:30:36 CEST 2006

I saw this mail in the archive mailing list for the news build page.

I am trying to get the news page working like the example in the demo folder.

I followed all the steps given here by Deiverson. When I click on the index.html file, I get error

Error reading resource from path "/modules/news/"

Reason: Unable to read resource "/modules/news/"

Please help. Should I edit any XML page or make any other changes? What am I missing?

Please help.
-Twinkle

    Does anyone have or could post an example of templateone for news. A "how  to" would be very wellcome.  I'm intending to build a microsite that shows the news created in a  subfolder.  After a hard time trying I'll describe what I did:      1 - I First  created a project and changed its type to "Microsite".      2 - Than created a main_test.jsp, inside the fonder  /system/myproject/template/ similar to   /system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone/templates/main.jsp      3 - Rebuild the main_test.jsp (based on main.jsp) to show only the news  and got to this result:    <%@page buffer="none" session="false" import="java.util.*,  org.opencms.frontend.templateone.*" %><%    // initialize action element to access the API  CmsTemplateBean cms = new CmsTemplateBean(pageContext, request, response);    String resPath = cms.getResourcePath();  %>    <% cms.editable(true); %>    <link href="<%= cms.getStyleSheetUri(resPath,  cms.getStyleSheetConfigUri(),
 cms.getRequestContext().getSiteRoot(),   cms.getRequestContext().getLocale()) %>" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">    <% cms.buildHtmlBodyEnd(); %>      3 - Created a page index.html in /myproject/ and set the template  main_test.jsp. Still, I had to set the following properties to make it  work:  layout.right = /system/shared/templateone/right/news (No content or  properties. Didn't get what is this for)  template = /system/modules/br.com.oriens/templates/main_teste.jsp      4 - Copied the folder /modules/ from /sites/default/modulesdemo/ to  /myproject/. Here is the structure:  -> /myproject/     ->/modules       ->/news/all news     ->index.html    I tryied this first:  -> /myproject/     ->/news/all news     ->index.html  But didn't work.      5 - Copied the files foot_links.jsp and nav_head_menus.jsp from  /system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone/elements/ to   /system/meuprojeto/elements/, cause main_test.html require them. (I  believe it's because the
 import of org.opencms.frontend.templateone.*).      6 - So when I run /myproject/index.html the  /system/meuprojeto/template/main_test.jsp works fine with the  foot_links.jsp and nav_head_menus.jsp both in /system/meuprojeto/elements/  and shows the news from /myproject/modules/news/. When I add more news,  they are included correctly in /myproject/modules/news/      7 - I checked the  /system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templateone.modules/elements/list_news_right.jsp,  which is loaded to (putted an alert("ok") and confirmed that it really  passes through this page) and in the line:    String folder = request.getParameter("folder");    The folder value is "/modules/news/". Where this came from? I'd like to  change this value to "/news/" to change my project structure to:    -> /myproject/     ->/news/all news     ->index.html  Is this ok?    Will be necessery to put the list_news_right.jsp inside  /system/myproject/elements/. Who and how it refers to the file
 list_news_right.jsp?    It shows only the last 5 news. Where can I configure this? Couldn't find  tha page or property that controls this behavior. Still, why the files  foot_links.jsp and nav_head_menus.jsp are required and who calls them.    I have found a sample site in the docs but not the procedures to create a  new project.    I'd like to have the following structure:    -> /myproject/     ->/news/all news     ->index.html    -> /system/     ->/meuprojeto/       ->/elements/news.jsp (containing list_news_right.jsp, foot_links.jsp  and nav_head_menus.jsp)       ->/templates/main_test.jsp    Does anyone can help? I believe that an example of a site that only shows  news would make easier to understand and use the code to other projects.    ##############################  Deiverson Silveira  Programador Java/JSP  www.oriens.com.br  ##############################