[opencms-dev] Re: Opencms ftpd module

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:28:38 CEST 2006

Have you thought of any way of accessing file properties via FTP? This
could be useful. One idea I have is having a virtual top level
directory (eg /metadata). So if you want to access properties of
/sites/mySite/myDir/mySubDir/myFile.html  you access
/metadata/sites/mySite/myDir/mySubDir/myFile.html.

You get an XML file with all the file metadata. Likewise you could set
properties by writing to the same virtual XML file.

Joe.