[opencms-dev] forward

Ben Hurwitz bhurwitz at m-Qube.com
Wed May 24 23:17:26 CEST 2006

I raised the question, and the answer I got seemed to work, despite the
fact that CmsToolDialog and CmsToolManager are geared toward the
workplace.

You need to use org.opencms.workplace.tools.CmsToolManager's
jspForwardPage() method. Here is an example JSP that does forwarding:

<%@ page language="java"%>
<%@ page import="org.opencms.workplace.*"%>
<%@ page import="org.opencms.workplace.tools.*"%>
<%@ page import="java.util.*"%>

<% cms.init(pageContext, request, response); %>

<%
      String parentFolder =
cms.getCmsObject().getRequestContext().getFolderUri();
      CmsToolDialog dialog = new CmsToolDialog(cms);
      dialog.getToolManager().jspForwardPage(dialog, parentFolder +
"forwardPage.jsp", new HashMap());

%>

The map you pass in is used for parameters, so you can populate it if
you need to access them.

Ben