[opencms-dev] wrong site shown after logging in to use direct edit (multisite setup)

Jon Mayes jon.mayes at pegasus-homes.co.uk
Thu May 25 17:54:22 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have an intranet & extranet running on the same OpenCms server. I'm
using the mod_jk & apache setup as described in Sebastian Himberger's
tutorial, with the intranet responding on http://pegasus-web
<http://pegasus-web/>  and the extranet on http://10.0.200.20
<http://10.0.200.20/>  - which is the server's IP address. Within
OpenCms, the intranet site is under /sites/default and the extranet
/sites/extranet.

Everything works fine until I try to log in to the extranet to utilise
the direct edit facility, whereupon it displays the intranet content
instead... The same doesn't apply in reverse however - the intranet
direct edit works fine.

Also, if you log in to the workplace first, change the site dropdown to
/sites/extranet and then use the direct edit, it works ok  *even though*
it shows http://pegasus-web/ in the address bar..

This is no good because I want certain clients to be able to edit
extranet content, which is naturally different to the potentially
sensitive content on the intranet.

Do you think the problem is due to the fact that http://pegasus-web
<http://pegasus-web/>  is defined as the workplace server? Or is there
something funny going on with the project definitions? Or something else
completely?

Any help greatly appreciated as I need to resolve this asap! I can post
up config files if required.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Mayes
Marketing & Business Systems
Pegasus Retirement Homes plc
Tel: 01242 576610
Fax:
Email: jon.mayes at pegasus-homes.co.uk

For more information on Pegasus please visit our web site at www.pegasus-homes.co.uk

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.