[opencms-dev] Using Oracle 10g

Oran Kelly oran_kelly at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 30 17:15:25 CEST 2006

I have been trying to install OpenCms 6.2.1 with Oracle 10g
(10.1.0.3.0) and the setup procedure fails. It is violating the
constraint UK_BACKUP_PROPERTIES many times during the module import
phase. Upon completion of the import, the welcome page is displayed but
it is not possible to access the workspace (just get a blank page, no
errors in any logs). I have tested with both vanilla Tomcat 5.5.17 and
JBoss 4.0.4.

Since it works in MySQL (I used mysql 4.1.19), I have compared the two
schema and I notice that the equivalent constraints for both
UK_BACKUP_CONTENTS and UK_BACKUP_PROPERTIES do not exist in the MySQL
schema (though non-unique indices are created). In a cleanly imported
MySQL schema I executed the following:

select propertydef_id,count(property_mapping_id)
from CMS_BACKUP_PROPERTIES
group by propertydef_id
having count(property_mapping_id) > 1

and received many results (some of which returned a count in excess of
2000!)

If I manually set up the database in Oracle, then drop the
above-mentioned constraints and go through the setup wizard (skipping
the 'create user' and 'create tables' actions), the import runs
successfully and the workspace is accessible at the end. So I'm
thinking that these are invalid constraints in the Oracle DDL.

(Incidentally, attempting to create the Oracle DB from scratch using
the setup wizard always fails too, but I think I spotted an open
bugzilla issue reporting this.)

 oran