[opencms-dev] How to get rid of the keywords in the search results?

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Thu Jun 1 14:08:44 CEST 2006

The default search just renders the 'content' that was stored in the Lucene
index at indexing time (i.e. when resources are published).  At that time,
VFS resource keywords are concatenated with the content in the body of the
VFS resource, and the result is indexed as the resource's 'content'.

I suppose there are two ways round it:

(i) instead of relying on the default search code, pull real document
content out, at the time search results are presented.  This is probably
going to slow things down, but it should be possible.

(ii) you could change what's indexed and what's done at search time, but
this involves quite a bit of programming and configuration.  At indexing
time, the Lucene index is populated by default by class
org.opencms.search.documents.A_CmsVfsDocument and those classes which extend
it; in turn, OpenCms knows to use those classes because they are identified
as so-called [Lucene] document factories in opencms-search.xml.

Jon
  _____