[opencms-dev] /* Web User?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Mon Jun 5 19:35:57 CEST 2006

Wils schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
> Please, what's Web User account?
> What it serves?
>
> I canĀ“t found the objective to web user accounts...
>
> Some one could explain?
>
> Tks
> Wils

Hi,

Very roughly speaking: Web users are used by a website that has its own
login. Web users have less power than normal users, because they cannot
login into the opencms workplace. If you want to create a website that
has a login for visitors, then you would probably write JSP code that
logs webusers into the system and maybe even creates them.

The idea of webusers is, that opencms has some general user management
services that a website can use. If a website wants to work with logins,
then the rest has of course to be programmed speciffically, because the
creators of opencms could not know beforehand, what your website will do ;-)

But I haven't looked into this, so I don't have any code samples.

hope that helps a bit
christian