[opencms-dev] xmlcontent, skipping elements, and also disabling icon display

Marcus Popetz marcus at roundpeg.com
Mon Jun 5 19:46:56 CEST 2006

At 01:33 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
>I gave up wrestling with the contentload framework (or more likely, with
>myself - I think JSP taglibs are more of an antipattern than a help!) and
>rolled my own stuff for use in real Java world (i.e. scriptlets).  For what

>Please don't think I'm knocking <cms:contentload> etc - it makes a lot of
>simple things easy and incorporates several sensible design decisions - but
>I just didn't get on with it.

I have spent a great deal of time fighting with it as well.  xmlcontent is
crazy powerful and it's frustrating to have to deal with such a limited
iterate tag for it.

Particularly frustrating is having to covert the basic opencms types from
string -> basic java type.    It'd be nice if that was handled for us.

Thanks for sending along the libraries, I'll take a look at them.

Opencms team, are there people working on this already?

-mp