[opencms-dev] Help on the accessing multiple image

Keith Tang keith.ys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:58:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was playing around with OpenCMS and i have a question which i'm stuck for
3 weeks now.

Ok, i have this main page which is written in JSP together with the opencms
tag to act as a template.
However on the body content, i wish to have a banner that rotate everytime
the user refresh the page.
Since OpenCMS doesnt provide banner management i tot of writing it on my
own.

The problem start here. in my openCMS system directory, i created an
photoalbum and upload all the banner in the album.
When i check it, i notice that the image is not upload physically to system
but rather store in somewhere (im asumming DB).
I was thinking of retriving the entire images from that photoalbum into a
JAVA:List and then randomly choose the image from the list and display as my
banner in the main page.

problem is, i couldnt find any API that could help me retrieve all the
images in the photoalbum.

Any idea on this or is there other method of doing this banner thingy.

Thanks,

Keith