[opencms-dev] Wierd site export/import problem

RuiXian BAO ruixian.bao at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:06:32 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have a site export/import problem. We have two servers, one for production
and one for development. There is a site called cms_en_web on both servers.
Although the sites on both servers have similar set of files, the site on
the production server contains more up-to-date materials.

Now I want to create a new site called cms_global_web on the development
server. I first created an empty site cms_global_web on this development
server. To be lazy, I just exported the materials of the cms_en_web site
from the production server by using the Admin function "Administration View
-> Database Management -> Export Database". When exporting, I used all the
options, they are "Include unchanged files", "Include account data" and
"Include system folder".

Then on the development server, used "Administration View -> Database
Management -> Import File from Server" to import the zipped file into this
empty cms_global_web site. All look fine, except that the same files
appearing both in the new cms_global_web site and the existing cms_en_web
site now are siblings. I don't want cross-site siblings. I have checked
manifest.xml file and the ordinary files contained in the zip file, and
found nothing related to the string "cms_en_web", but still, after import,
the same files on the newly-created cms_global_site siblinged with the ones
contained on the existing site cms_en_web.

I use OpenCms 6.0, MySQL 4.1, Debian linux 3.1, Tomcat 5.5.15, JDK 1.5.

Any hint to solve the cross-site-sibling problem is greatly welcom.

Best

- RuiXian