[opencms-dev] Optimizing OpenCMS performance.

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 15 07:09:22 CEST 2006

On 15/06/2006, at 3:00 PM, Jonathan Woods wrote:

> Interesting to note you're using jsvc.  I found it buggy, and ended up
> running java directly.  I don't suppose that could be the problem,
> but you
> never know.

That's just how Tomcat comes out of Darwinports, which is the package
manager I'm using. I might have a look at switching to java directly,
but I haven't had any bugginess... just rampant cpu usage once really
large schemas start getting loaded in.

A few tips I came across suggested setting incremental garbage
collection, but from looking at java -X on my platform with 1.5, it
doesn't seem to support it.

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.