[opencms-dev] help with jar file

Pavel Peringer pavel.peringer at qbizm.cz
Sat Jun 17 10:07:53 CEST 2006

Hello

You wrote that you have created module "infrastructure" (lib and classes
folder) in system/module
and I hope that you have created the module itself from the Module
administration to :-)

After that you have module package only in VFS and the best way to
deploy this module is from
Module administration again and on your module choose Export. The export
path is
$CATALINA_HOME\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\packages\modules
where you have zipped module folder with module version suffix.
This file is installable to any other Opencms by Module Import with HTTP.

But if you export module or not, allways when you are using "dynamic"
things like jars and classes
it is necessarily <search.py?lg=en_cz&wd=necessarily> to restart/reload
servlet context in order to let "know" Tomcat or any server
about you classes and jars, because publishing only does not do this.

Maybe you are using Eclipse with Tomcat plugin for *.java development
and Eclipse is able
to exchange "old" version of class file to new one without Tomcat
restart. And as I wrote
publishing VFS files does not do the same.

And as Jon right wrote the jar file MUST have same name as you module
package.

Example
/system/modules/cz.test.www/lib/cz.test.www.jar
/system/modules/cz.test.www/classes/cz/test/www/Some.class

Then in your JSP use import cz.test.www.* and JSP should be working.

HTH

Pavel Peringer

> What's your jar file called? It's been a while since I worked this
> out, but from memory it has to be named <modulename>.jar.
> Jon

Pavel Peringer                              Qbizm technologies, a.s.
programator                                 ... the art of software.