[opencms-dev] Chrooting a user

Sami Honkonen sami.honkonen at ri.fi
Mon Jun 19 07:44:18 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 17:31 +0200, Christian Steinert wrote:
> You have to be very careful, when making your users into the root users.

I'm not trying to upgrade any privileges. I'm trying to restrict a user
into a certain folder so he can't get to the upper levels of the
hierarchy. The subject of the post (which may be a little misleading)
comes from the UNIX command described here
http://seth.positivism.org/man.cgi/chroot

For example, I want the user to be able to access only the directory and
subdirectories of /sites/default/user/. This means that he wouldn't be
able to go to /sites/default/ or /sites/default/somethingelse/.

--
Sami Honkonen
sami.honkonen at ri.fi
+358 40 535 3463